Easy. Efficient. Economical. A breakthrough in explosives trace detection
Detect virtually any explosive in less than four seconds— without relying on a reference library. Leveraging L-3’s innovative energetic materials detection (EMD) technology, the OptEX desktop explosives trace detection system allows security personnel to resolve threats quickly while keeping bags and people moving.
OptEX strengthens security at airports, seaports, border crossings, air cargo facilities, embassies and other critical infrastructure facilities through an improved approach to screening trace amounts of explosives. Departing from conventional ion mobility spectrometer (IMS) technology, OptEX searches for unique heat signatures that indicate traces of explosives. This unique technology enables OptEX to quickly and safely detect energetic material—from newly created compounds to documented substances such as TATP, TNT, PETN, RDX, NC, nitrates and a wide range of Military, Commercial, and Home-made explosives.
OptEX features a rapid automatic startup that readies the device for operation in less than two minutes. Users of every skill level can operate OptEX with minimal training by simply wiping any object with a sample wipe and inserting it into the OptEX detector. Results are displayed in just seconds. Wipes can be reused, enabling users to dramatically cut day-to-day operating costs while creating a more secure environment.
- OptEX 3.1 is on the DfT’s Approved Equipment List for screening Hold Baggage, Carry-On, and Passengers
- Reduces total cost of ownership through reusable sample wipes and fewer consumables
- Eliminates the need for explosive reference libraries that must be constantly updated
- Provides a simpler, safer approach to explosives trace detection, as no dryer consumables, carrier gases or radioactive sources are required
- Speeds checkpoint throughput by reducing analysis time to less than four seconds
- Provides maximum up-time, as system is contamination-resilient and does not require bake-out or clear-down sessions
- Facilitates ease-of-use through integrated touch screen and intuitive pass/alarm indicator.